Our topic for the summer term is 'Ancient Greece'.
Our English work is cross curricular with our theme. Within this we will look at:
- Core Text one: 'Greek Myths' which will cover myth features, key myths and famous characters.
- Core Text Two: 'Shadow of the Minotaur' which will focus on inference, descriptive writing, story writing and using dialogue.
- Editing and Improving our work
- Grammar curriculum for Y5 and Y6
- Spelling strategies
- Higher level punctuation, including colons and semi-colons and multi clause sentences
- Reading comprehension
- Geometry- Properties of shapes (After School on Thursdays)
- Geometry- Position and direction
- Comparing England and Greece
- The physical and human features of Greece
- The civilisation of Ancient Greece and how that has impacted us today
- What does it mean to be a Muslim in Britain today, digging deeper