Welcome to Little Acorns, the home of our Early Years Foundation stage (EYFS)!
Welcome to Our Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) page! We have two early years classes at All Saints and call ourselves 'Little Acorns'.
We are proud to be there for your children at the start of their school journey and really do take to heart the notion of 'guiding all our flock to flourish'. Our aim is to create confident individuals who are ready for Year 1, and the years beyond, and are empowered to be the grown up citizens we want them to be. Flourishing for us means independent, well-rounded, happy, safe, settled children who can think for themselves, show intellectual curiosity, and be proudly unique. We guide this in many ways, not least by supporting vocabulary, back and forth learning conversations and modelling thinking skills. We set clear expectations and heap positive praise readily. Our focus is not what’s in books but what they are thinking about as they complete an activity or create a piece of work.
We have shared more information about what we cover in our curriculum on our curriculum information page, including overviews for each half term. But here is a very brief overview of our focus for each term;
Autumn term focus - Making a strong start
Spring term focus - progress, consolidation
Summer term focus - transition
Some other information you may find useful for the classes of 2022-23:
* No stationery required, only named water bottles and a bag for reading books to be sent to a from school. Please avoid sending any toys from home.
* School uniform is required every day, PE uniforms on Wednesdays please (no jewellery). Please name all items of clothing. It is useful to send a coat every day for outside learning and play.
* For lunch, children can bring a healthy packed lunch or order online from a selection of hot meals. Please make sure the class teacher knows about any special dietary requirements.
* We run a morning 'snack bar' every day with milk and a piece of fruit. You can bring a different healthy snack if required. School milk is free up until the age of 5.
* Absences due to sickness or holidays must be organised with the school office please.
* Any enquiries for the class teachers can be made via our class email - firstname.lastname@example.org
* We subscribe to the online learning portal Tapestry, where you will find more useful documents, notices and learning observations of the children.
Please browse the other curriculum pages for more detailed information about different subjects and the Early Years Curriculum.