Our topic for this half term is 'The Terrible Tudors'.
Our English work is cross curricular with our theme. Within this we will look at:
- Macbeth: characters, story plots, the language of Shakespeare
- Treason: Story writing, diary writing
- Editing and Improving our work
- Grammar curriculum for Y5 and Y6
- Spelling strategies
- Higher level punctuation, including colons and semi-colons
- Reading comprehension
- Consolidating the 4 Operations: Multiplication and Division.
- Fractions: equivalent, simplifying, comparing and ordering, mixed numbers, improper fractions, fractions of amounts, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions.
- Materials and their uses.
- Properties of materials: magnetic, transparent, hardness, conductivity etc
- Separating materials using sieving and evaporation
- Materials and reversible or irreversible changes to them.
- The Tudors: Reformation, legacy, exploration, battles, the wives of Henry VIII
- Games and Fitness
- Core PE skills
- Creating a frame
- joining materials