Ofsted inspected our school on 12th and 13th October 2021. Below you will find a copy of the final report which recognises many of the strengths of the school.
- 'Pupils feel that staff get to know them really well.'
- 'Parents and carers say that the staff at the school care really well for all children. They appreciated how hard the staff worked during the COVID-19 pandemic to make sure that pupils could still learn every day.'
- 'Staff help pupils to talk about their behaviour choices.'
- 'Children settle well into early years. They are keen to learn and persevere during activities.'
- 'Relationships between parents, staff and children are strong in the early years. Children work and play together well. They learn routines quickly.'
- 'There are a wide range of activities to teach pupils about the world around them.'
- 'Pupils know that it is important to respect different cultures and make everyone feel welcome in the school.'
- 'Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities get the help that they need so that they can do as well as other pupils.'
- 'The arrangements for safeguarding are effective.'
We are delighted to be recognised as 'good' by Ofsted in the areas of behaviour and attitudes, personal development and leadership and management. Our children clearly articulated how they are supported to flourish in our care. The inspection team recognised the journey the school is on and the progress made in recent years, despite the impact of the pandemic.
The report gives us a clear steer on further developing the teaching of phonics and the depth of the curriculum on offer, These are areas we have been developing throughout the pandemic and we will continue to refine our approach to ensure we offer the very best education to the children in our care as we 'guide all of our flock to flourish'.